Are you fit and agile?
Are you an experienced bushwalker/hiker?
Are you a skilled freshwater angler?
Do you have previous abseiling and canyoning experience?
Are you looking for an extreme challenge?
If you answered yes to all of the above then you might have what it takes for this adventure. It has been described as “Australia’s most extreme fishing tour”.
Kanangra Creek Extreme Fishing Expedition
This trip is not for everyone. Infact there are very few people who meet the selection criteria. We won’t take participants who are not suitably skilled.
The expedition involves
– Descending over 600m vertically into the valley via a series of large waterfall abseils and scrambling over slippery rocks along the creek for many kilometres.
– Wading and swimming through very cold pools of water for extended periods.
– There are no walking tracks (only rough foot pads and off track walking).
– Participants carry a heavy backpack containing camping equipment, 3 days of food and fishing gear.
– Participants may have to avoid leaches, snakes, mozzies, flies, spiders and other creepy crawlies which are all common in the area.
– The walk out is via an extremely steep track gaining more than 700m of altitude rapidly (extensive scrambling required). The walk is long and challenging.
Why do this adventure? You want to go places where few people visit, you love the outdoors, you enjoy fishing for trout and want to challenge yourself.
This expeditions visits one of the most beautiful and remote gorges on the east coast of Australia. The gorge is surrounded by large cliffs known as the Kanangra Walls.
People interested in participating in this adventure must complete a detailed application form, so we can assess your suitability to participate. Successful applicants must complete a full day training session no more than one week prior to the start of the expedition. We will not take participants who do not meet the required standard.
We are confident this is by far the most challenging guided fishing experience on offer in Australia. Please contact us for more information.
Rate: $2800 per person including GST (private 3 day expedition)
We also offer a number of other extreme fishing experiences.
Please contact us for further details and application forms.